“As a man thinketh in his heart –so is he. ” –Proverbs
Of course, we try to fill our minds with lofty, visionary and aspirational thoughts that lead both to self improvement and a better world.
But what does a man (or woman) really and truly thinketh in the course of a day? If you really want to know look at your internet search history. Mine over the last two days includes:
- Looking for the actual name of a restaurant in Louisville I had forgotten but had the word “pig” in it.
- Ebay and charging cables for my cell phone
- Looking up the definition and history of the word “Nimrod” which came to me out of the blue and I wanted to make sure if I ever used the term I would use it correctly
- Terry Meiners Twitter account because I heard he tweeted a funny Sigmund Freud quote yesterday about assholes.
- Whether it was “John” or “David” Hume after my son made a joking reference about the English philosopher and I couldn’t remember his first name. (It’s David Hume and John Locke).
- The number of calories in a pineapple curry dish that I like a lot from Viet Nam kitchen.
- The lowest BMI number for my height for “obesity.”
- Googled myself and my book to see if anyone had written a review on Amazon.com. They hadn’t.
- Pictures on Facebook of some of the students in my daughter’s sophomore class. And to see if the boys were bigger than me yet. (Only taller)
- Looked up “How to meditate” without wasting a lot of time. And if meditation can improve circulation. (Open to debate.)
- Zillow to see if the estimated value of our house had gone ip enough to refinance and borrow a little more. (It handn’t)
- Googled myself and my book to see if there were any new reviews on Amazon.com. (There weren’t.) Thought about increasing my own review of the book from 4 starts to 5 starts but couldn’t find out how to edit my review.
- Dates of Kentucky’s special legislative session.
- Checked if the classic rock group Traffic was touring through Louisville this year. (Steve Winwood is but didn’t buy ticket and may not if Winwood is by himself.
- Confirmed exact definition of Nimrod since I was having trouble remembering it from earlier in the day.
And so…..as Proverbs teaches us, more or less……”As a man searcheth the internet–so is he.”
Leave a Reply