As I assume your plans this summer may involve some combination of burger-eating, alcohol-imbibing, and grass-sitting, I’ve decided to share some stain removal tips to help keep your holiday fresh and clean. Below are 5 main offenders and what to do if you have a run-in with them:
1) Red wine: dab with white wine.
2) Grease: add a can of Coke to washing machine.
3) Sweat: apply a paste of 3 aspirin tablets mixed with two tablespoons of warm water and let sit for 1 hour.
4) Ketchup: (this one’s a little more complicated) a. working from back of stain, flush with cold water; b. pretreat with liquid laundry detergent and let sit for a few minutes; c. rinse well; d. apply white vinegar with sponge and rinse well; e. repeat steps b-d a few times until you’ve removed as much as you think you can; f. pretreat with a pre-wash stain remover and launder; g. if stain persists, rub with liquid laundry detergent and soak in warm water up to 30 min; h. launder again.
5) Grass: soak in vinegar for 30 min then machine wash.
-Content provided by Rath & Co. Men’s Style Consulting. Read more: http://rathandco.com/2014/07/stain-removal-hacks/#ixzz38ftCqpUI
Leave a Reply