I truly believe the statement above; to be the best you must be able to handle the worst. Whether we like it not, can deal with it or not, adversity will always be in our way.
No successful person, in any field, has gone through life without adversity.
It makes us who we are. Some will quit when faced with it and some will rise to the occasion and champion the responsibility and use it as a learning experience.
Either way, every situation in our lives cannot be perfect. As sure as there will be death and taxes, there will be adversity. It is how you faced it that counts.
1. Take Responsibility- Control what you can control and accept what you can’t. However, do not point the finger and feel that you cannot change the situation because you absolutely can. It may not be immediate, but all situations can be changed. Remember, at all times you can control your own destiny.
2. Focus On Solutions- If all you do is focus on the problem, you will become frustrated and quit. Focus on the solution to the problem or at least do something about the problem. Complaining will do nothing for you here. Compartmentalize the issue and focus on a game plan to fix it.
3. No Fear- No matter how bad it gets, never have fear. Easier said than done but fear nothing or no one and watch what you will achieve. “Fear nothing, achieve everything.”
4. Have a Sense of Humor- This one I am working on. Everything will pass in life, might as well have fun with it. Make fun of the situation and yourself, keep your sense of humor and it instantly becomes better.
5. Never Quit- Quitting solves nothing. Quitting says it wasn’t important to you. Quitting is an easy way out. Never give up on something you truly want.
Adversity makes the best out of strong people. Let it make the best out of you.
No retreat and No surrender. Because this guy said so…